posted Dec 02 2013 12:34 AM by Luci | 640 views and 1 comments.
We first head about this Trial of the Gladiator at BlizzCon, but we wrote very little about it. Now after a bit of reading and research we finally have put together everything and have more details about this new feature.
What is this Trial of the Gladiator?
The basic idea is simple, this Trial is a new arena ladder. The current Arena leader system will remain unchanged. The leader system used by the Trial is completely different and it wont affect the arena one at all.
Even though players participating in this Trial are going to be able to increase their rating, earn achievements and mounts, pretty much like the current arena players, they will have only a few hours to increase the rating. The whole idea behind these time windows when a player can increase their rating is to avoid the win-trades.
Another advantage of these time windows limitations is that the queue times are going to be way shorter compared to arena ones, because people will queue at the same time. The MMR will improve as well, so you'll play against teams more suited for your rating.
Even though you have to play at specific hours to increase your rating, you'll be able to play 24/7 is you like and the good part is that you wont have to worry about the rating.
One of the biggest difference between normal arenas and the Trial of the Gladiator is that there is no PvP gear required. If you are familiar with the Arena Tournament realms, then you are familiar with the gear system as well. Basically you'll be able to buy everything you use in this Trial for a small amount of gold and no other requirements needed.
This gearing system will make the Trial of the Gladiator a system based only on skill, since you wont have to worry about the gear.
What we dot know yet
First of all we have no idea if this will work like Arena Pass/Tournament, where you have to join a "special" realm, create your premade character, grab your gear and stat playing... OR, you'll be able to play it on your normal realm.
These details are very unclear at the moment, but I'm sure we will get more and more details soon.
I saw some people worried that this will affect the current Arena leader. Since people will migrate to this system and the queue times will drastically increase for Arenas. Yet again, I'm sure Blizzard will come up with a solution for this and we can't wait to hear about it.
What do you think this new PvP feature? Let us know your thoughts about it.
Apparently Ghostcrawler is moving on and he is leaving Blizzard. He made the announcement this morning on his facebook page.
Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street is/was the Lead Systems Designer at Blizzard Entertainment. He was also known DeathShrimp from Age of Empires, and worked as marine scientist before joining Blizzard 6 years ago.
He was one of the most known figure behind the World of Warcraft game. He has over 70k followers on his twitter account. He was responsible for most of the important announcements about WoW on twitter, forums or in his interviews. We were lucky enough to interview him a few patches ago as well.
Pretty soon we should see an official announcement as well. I know a lot of people "hated" him, but as much as I'm concerned, he will be missed.
As expected, the official announcement is out and we will paste some tweets as well:
The forums announcement:
We just came off of a great BlizzCon. We had so many different games to talk about, and we were thrilled at the reception of Warlords of Draenor. It was great to meet or reconnect with so many of you. I love BlizzCon dearly, which makes it so hard to tell you that this will be my last one, or at least my last one up on stage. An opportunity has come my way, and I have made the very tough decision to move on from Blizzard.
I wanted to thank all of you for being a part of this grand quest. I have said a hundred times that having passionate gamers, including the angry ones, is a far better place to be than having a community that doesn’t care. You all care. Like us, you want the game to be the best that it can be. So I ask you to keep on providing your feedback. I promise (and I rarely promise!) that the developers care very much about what you have to say.
I’ll be out there, and I can’t imagine it will be that hard to find me.
P.S. No, you can’t have a pony. Or a moose. Or a mantis shrimp. Or a tardigrade. Or a crab. Keep trying though.
P.P.S. I play a Holy Priest.
Taken from twitter:
- I am leaving on good terms with all of my friends at Blizzard and I'm still going to be playing WoW.
- The next time someone kicks your butt in DPS, you can wonder... was that GC?
- The internet loves to play detective, but in this case it was a great opportunity and time to move on. I wasn't fired or asked to step down.
- And leaving certainly has nothing to do with the community. WoW has a great community. We never took you all for granted.
- You'll find out my future plans soon enough. For now, let's let this be about World of Warcraft. Warlords is going to be SAVAGE and EPIC.
- I would not expect many changes to the game as a result of my departure. We always design from a place of consensus and collaboration.
At BlizzCon we already way a few new models and today, with the latest WoW Source episode, the Undead Female Model was revealed as well.
But this model is not the only thing we found out.
Blizzard is planning on allowing the players to opt-in for the new models. Apparently you will be able to switch back and forth, just for the graphics performance sake. Whenever you will select the New Models not only the player modes are going to be changed, but the NPCs as well.
At least these are the plans for now...
By the way, don't forget to watch the full WoW Source episode!
This is the question that hit me when when watching the BlizzCon 2013 Stream with some friends... So, how did Garrosh Hellscream escaped and flee to Draenor?
Let's look over some things we already witnessed.
We last saw Garrosh taken by the Shado-Pan after his defeat in Siege of Orgrimmar. He left the scene in chains and, even if we don't know for sure, he supposed to be put through a trial and put in some sort of cage. I believe no one expected anything else...
Now, with the announcement of Warlords of Draenor we learned a few more things about this character.
We know that even if Garrosh is not the centerpiece of the plot, he is the one who started everything and planted some ideas in the head of his ancestors. Basically the Warlords' actions are affected by Garrosh.
We know that he was helped by someone but here is the interesting question. Does that someone helped him escape? Helped him reach Draenor? Or both? Who is that someone? Do you think that after all the things Garrosh did, someone would risk his neck to help him?
We can think of Zaela, since she is the only one that escaped from Siege of Orgrimmar. We only defeated her mount, Galakras. But even if she helped Garrosh escape imprisonment, she must have had some help on reaching Draenor? Who is this other figure?
There are a lot of questions here. What's your opinion about all this?
posted Nov 15 2013 11:29 AM by Luci | 1272 views and 0 comments.
There were a lot of discussions about this matter lately because people really wanted to know if and how are we going to use out flying mounts in the new expansion, Warlords of Draenor.
Well, after a few official announcements everything seems to be more or less explained...
When the new expansion is launched we, when the patch 6.0 is out, we wont be able to fly in Draenor at all. Not even after we level up to 100. The new areas will remain like that till patch 6.1 or so.
Blizzard also explained why they choose not to allow flying right from the beginning or even at level 100.
First of all, flying trivializes combat. You can jump from one mob to another and never care about other players or even other mobs that might hunt you. Blizzard whats flying as a reward once again. Something similar to Burning Crusade when you first got your epic flying.
So how are going to get our flying skill in Draenor?
It will be something we will work to get, something like a small legendary item. We shouldn't wait for 6.1 with some gold saved, ready to buy the new flying ability, we will "work" for getting it. The 6.1 patch will only introduce the final step for the flying ability gaining.
What will we do until 6.1?
Even without flying, Blizzard promised a great experience. We will have flight paths as convenient as possible and the optional quests and discoveries while using the ground mounts will worth our time. Read more about questing if you like.
Basically all the expansion, except Cataclysm, didn't allow flying while leveling, so there shouldn't be a problem. We will see how everything goes at max level, but if I remember correctly, during Vanilla we managed to go wherever we wanted just fine.
What we don't know yet
We have no idea how exactly are we going to get the flying skill. We will have to complete a quest chain? We will have to prepare some something similar to MoP legendary cloak? Is it going to be available for everyone?
Another burning question: is the new flying ability going to be account wide? We have to "work" on it with every alt of ours?
I'm sure answers will come and we will know everything even before Beta stats, but tell us what do you think about this?
posted Nov 13 2013 04:49 PM by Luci | 17214 views and 1 comments.
I know the web is already full of new models and concept art images from the newly announcement World of Warcraft expansion, Warlords of Draenor, but we wanted to put everything together as well and add s many details as we can.
New Character Models
If you remember the announcement of Mists of Pandaria and the new Pandaren race, Blizzard said back then that sometime during MoP we will see all the old Character Models updated as well. Unfortunately that didn't happen but now we know for sure that WoD is going to have the new models ready for us.
During the presentation we were able to see a few races example.
The Dwarf male seems to be ready as well as the Orc male, and the same goes for the Gnome male and female. These characters were fully animated and I must say I was really surprised of their details. Especially the gnome facial expressions.
Some partially made models are the ones for Dwarf female, Undead male, Tauren male... and that's about it.
This is what we can tell you about the new models:
- The polygon number for the new character is much much higher now.
- There are many more body parts with bones for better animations. For example fingers and facial hair have a more real movement.
- Textures are higher quality and they don't have to be symmetrical anymore.
- All the races are going to get the new models except the Goblins and Worgens. They are the last ones to be worked on.
- Quote: "A good way to give players access to the different races would also be required. Perks for the different sub races might also be interesting."
I'll let you enjoy all the screenshots I took during the BlizzCon to yndestand even better how the new models look like:
I'm pretty sure we will soon see the other models as well, and I really think the machinima creators are happy about these new models.
New Concept Art and Models
During the BlizzCon panels we saw a bunch of new concept art, creatures, buildings, prop art, and basically everything that pleases out eyes while w play the game.
Now, give us some personal opinions about these changes. I saw a lot of people really pumped up about the new models. Are you as well?
posted Nov 10 2013 11:52 PM by Luci | 7993 views and 2 comments.
I think everyone expected some changes for items and stats in the new expansion. They are not so drastic as we saw them at BlizzCon 2011, but we do have some significant changes this time as well.
Yeah, you read that right. The Item Squish will happen with the Warlords of Draenor launch. If you ask yourself what Item Squish is then let me quickly explain it.
All the "numbers" are going down. We wont have 400k dps anymore. We wont have 1M health anymore and we wont have to deal with crazy numbers in the future expansion.
Here is a simple example shown at BlizzCon 2013:
Nothing changes, only the numbers are going down to a more reasonable values.
Hit, Expertise, Dodge, and Parry - GONE!
Yeah, that's right. These stats are going to be removed from items because they don't feel like a bonus. For example hit, is just something you try to cap as soon as possible then avoid all the items with hit afterwards so you can take better stats.
Reforge - GONE!
Way too much customization was needed when you got a new item. It took time, lots of addons and tools to get the perfect reforges for your character and with every new item everything was a mess and you had to redo those reforges again.
That's why, with patch 6.0 the reforges NPCs are leaving.
The interesting question was: "What are we going to have on the yak mount with the reforge NPC gone?" We have no answer yet, but let's hope is something useful or funny.
No, they are not gone, but we will have fewer enchants and less items that we will be able to enchant. We will have a wider variety of enchants for the same gear piece, but only some of the items are enhcantable.
We were told that the profession wont be affected economically-wise, but it will be interesting to see how all this will work out.
Gems and socket bonuses
We will have less gems, socket bonuses are gone, meta requirements are gone as well and we will have less items with sockets. Multi socket items are gone or they are going to be very rare as well. Because of that gems are going to be more powerful.
This change shouldn't affect the gems market either. With less items using gems, but with more powerful gems the price of the gems should remain in balance and the revenues wont be affected.
New Stats - Tertiary Stats
We will see some new stats introduced to Warlords of Draenor. Below are some example of those stats, but I'm sure there can be even more of those.
If you look on the items above, you'll see one items with +speed as a tertiary stat. There is are some changes to this stat in particular:
Speed will stack now. Trinkets, boots, racials, items and so on. Of course, there will be a cap. You wont be able to light-speed from one corner of Azeroth to another.
According to reddit, haste is going to be affected as well. We wont have those softcaps/breakpoints for dots and hots. Blizzard is thinking about introducing partial ticks, but there are no other details on how this will actually work...
We wont have strength plate and intellect plate anymore. Just plate. The stat will change depending of your spec and what that spec requires.
For example as a pally tank, you'll see strength on your gear and if you change spec to holy, you'll see the int on your plate. This way we will have one set of gear usable for all specs!
The same goes for Mail, Leather and Cloth gear, where primary stats will change based on spec, set bonuses included.
The items that will be more role focused are necklaces, rings, cloaks, and trinkets.
We might see a lot more changes here and maybe some of these changes will never reach the live servers, but at least we now know what we should expect from the 6.0 patch.
posted Nov 10 2013 02:20 PM by Luci | 2603 views and 1 comments.
Lots and lots of UI improvement are added with every major patch and especially with every expansion. The new Warlords of Draenor expansion is the same and some of the UI changes were presented at this year's BlizzCon.
No, we wont get bigger bags because no matter how big the bags are we will always find something to fill them with...
First of all, the quest items are not stored in the bag at all anymore. They are going to be added to the Quest Log and we will be able to use them from there. While leveling/questing this will save us a lot of space since some of these quest items are really persistent.
Other items removed from our inventories are the Heirlooms and all those Toys most of the people are filling their banks with.
If you are familiar with the Pet Journal, where you can see what items do you have and what are you missing, then you will be very familiar with these new changes as well. The nice part is that you'll be able to hover over the missing items and find out how can you get them.
Here is how these changes look like:
Those of you who are using any king of bag managing addons are already used with these features.
Beside the main quest lines that will take us through the new world of Draenor, we will have a lot of optional events, quests and encounters along the way. If you haven't already, take a step into Timeless Isle and you'll see the basics of these changes.
Ok, if you don't want to do all the quests and you are simply stuck on what quest you have to complete just to get to the next area, then Warlords of Draenor quest log updates is going to help you out.
You'll be able to see what the key story lines are, what are you missing to complete them and what stage are you at with every story.
This is how the new quest log looks like:
One of the other interesting changes is that the final rewards are not the same for everyone. There is a chance that you can get an rare/epic reward while finishing a quest.
The new version of the Hero's Call Board is this new Adventure Journal. At least this is how I see it.
This new "tool" will help you discover the new content, send you to the adventures most suited for you and so on. Basically it will help you discover/rediscover the game and this is how the Journal looks like:
I'm pretty sure we will see many more changes like these before even the Beta stage starts for Warlords of Draenor.
posted Nov 10 2013 10:29 AM by Luci | 1724 views and 0 comments.
This year's BlizzCon had a panel dedicated to the upcoming movie that was announced to be released at the end of 2015 and they will start filming it on January 2014.
There were some announcements and A LOT rumors about the movie, the team working on it and the casting team. Check the imdb details if you like.
Even if I personally expected more details at this BlizzCon panel, there were still things to be learned.
We now know what the story is going to be about. The movie will focus on Lothar and Durotan and their first contact. As we expected it's about the war between red and blue - horde and alliance.
What they wanted us to understand is that the horde and the orcs are not the bag guys here and the story is to be told from their both points of view, both horde and alliance characters.
Even if we did not have a trailer or some other preview, we could see four pieces of concept art for the upcoming movie. We could see Draenor, Dalaran (amazing!), Ironforge and Stormwind (another amazing piece).
More about the movie
- The movie might be rated PG-13, but it's nothing set in stone a the moment.
- They are using real actors for the orcs but we will see CGI as well.
- There is a high level of detail. Even the trees bark is highly detailed to make everything look exactly how people expect to see it.
- The majority of the story takes place in Eastern Kingdoms.
- We will have a movie trailer/preview next year.
- If everything goes well we might see a new movie as well, since the story behind Warcraft franchise is huge.
- Warcraft movie has to match or beat the Lord of the Rings movies - this is something that I personally hope to happen for this Warcraft movie.
- As animations we should expect something between Avatar and Game of Thrones and as the "war" they compared it with Gladiator.
posted Nov 09 2013 07:24 PM by Luci | 1858 views and 1 comments.
Day 2 is here, you can find all the articles and coverage from the day 1 directly on the front page.
We are going to post everything on the website, but we will be very active on twitter @wowjuju and on our facebook page as well.
This article is going to be updated very often so make sure your refresh key is working.
Day 2: Start
- New character models will come with new character attack sounds
- Hunters will get new weapon sounds
- Grats to Method for wining the Live Raid
- Behind the scenes on Diablo3: RoS
- Blackrock Foundry - 10 bosses - 3 wings - Last one is Blackhand - Non-linear raid
- All the raids are cross server from day one. Except Mythic difficulty ofc.
- Each difficulty has its own lockout.
- Lockouts are loot lockouts. You can raid but you only loot once.
- Normal and Heroic will use the traditional loot system. Drops are based on eligible players.
- Quests: key storylines and beside them we will have optional content. Lots of it.
- We will have more dynamic events and treasures. Similar to Timeless Isle experience.
- Quest log and map UI changes incoming.
- Garrisons will have: small, medium and large buildings
- Blueprints - new recipes for garrison building upgrades
- Rank 3 buildings will have 3 specializations you have to choose from.
- Fill all the plots to upgrade to next tier.
- Followers can do quests, dungeons, scenarios and raids
- Raid browser is going to be improved and you can actually use it to get a group going!
- 10% bonus valor for every friend you queue with
- Dont expect a ton of class changes overall.
- Dodge and parry, hit and expertise on items... gone!
- Reforge - GONE
- Fewer items can be enchanted, but more choices for those enchants.
- Very few items will have gems, but it will really matter.
- Gems are more powerful
- No more socket bnuses
- No str plate vs int plate. Primary stat is changes on spec.
- We will have one set now, no more one set for each spec.
- No more durability loss!
- Movement speed will stack
- Increased AE dmg
- Item squish is ON!
- Soloing old content is still doable.
- It's all about red and blue - horde and alliance (duh!)
- A lot of background info
- Horde characters are NOT the bad guys, they just have aother point of view.
- We will have CGI. There are real actors for orcs.
- Something between Avatar and Game of Thrones.
- Warcraft movie: Is the story about Lothar and Durotan and their first contact.
- If the first movie goes well we might see even more Warcraft movies.
- The majority of the story takes place in Eastern Kingdoms
- We will see a preview next year.
- Warcraft movie has to match or beat the Lord of the Rings movies.
- Movie might be released in 3D as well.
- Movie might be PG-13.
- Grommash Hellscream is the final boss of Warlords of Draenor
- WoD will still have warforged version of the items.
- WoD wont have a big Titans story behind it.
- The next expansion will have bonus rolls as well.
- Old Blizzard games may become available for modern computers
- Dance studio from the Garrison UI was just a troll...
- We will have a way to go back to the current Outland.
- Eyes of the Beast might be back.