All you need to do is to visit a NPC, select your gear piece you want to upgrade, pay with justice / valor points and voilà!, your item got better!
Now, to explain everything, here is how things will go:
A new Ethereal NPC was added to the team of Void Storage, Reforge and Transmogrification NPCs. This new one is an Item Upgrader. He can upgrade any 458 iLevel item or higher.
If you wonder where can you upgrade your items, well, since the new NPC is an Ethereal he likes to hang out around his kind, that's why you should look for the Transmogrification NPC and the Item upgrader is going to be right next to him. So, ask a guard in Stormwind and/or Orgrimmar or if you want you can find these NPCs in the Valley of Eternal Blossoms in your faction Shire.
Here are the current pieces for your upgrades:
- Can be upgraded only once:
- PvE Blues: Justice Point Rewards, Heroic Dungeon Gear - 1500 Justice Points (+8 iLevels)
- PvP Blues: Dreadful Gladiator - 1500 Honor Points (+8 iLevels)
- Can be upgraded twice:
- PvE Epics: BoEs, LFR, Normal, Heroic Raids, Valor Point Rewards, Crafted Gear - 750 Valor Points (+4 iLevels)
- PvP Epics: Malevolent Gladiator - 750 Conquest Points (+4 iLevels)
We do not know what will happen with the upcoming legendaries, but pretty sure the legendary items are not going to be upgradeable.
Let us know what do you think about this new feature? What are you planning to upgrade first? I'm pretty sure everyone will go for their weapons...