With the tons of posts all around the web today, as promised, we will try to get everything in one place. And by everything, I mean the highlights of the whole press tour that some of the websites attended to.
Also, do not miss our previous post filled with screenshots and videos.
Here is what we could find from all those news posts found on various websites:
- The final boss of MoP is going to be Garrosh. We will face him in Siege of Orgrimmar, that will be the last content patch of MoP
- Horde vs. Alliance, as we already knew, is going to be the main storyline. Something must have gone very wrong if both factions fight against Garrosh.
- Mists of Pandaria wants to be more in the spirit of Classic WoW.
- Blizzard promises that this expansion is not a joke, even if pandareans are fun and cuddly.
- Creatures and pets are going to get more amours rather than color changes. We won't see so many recolor versions of some mob.
- The old races will not get new models yet but we can see them in future MoP patches. Dwarfs might be one of the first to get a new model.
- 11th character slot is going to be added.
- Pets are going to be account wide.
- The feature to scale down your level/power is something they want to implement at the launch.
- No idem squish in MoP. But is possible in 6.0 or 7.0(?!)
- Pre MoP patch might add a scenario that involves Theramore and the Alliance vs. Horde theme.
- Pre MoP patch will be added two weeks before lauch.
- Pandarean racial mounts are the Cloud Serpents. (you'll have to raise and train them in order to use them).
- New perks are going to be added.
- Old perks are going to be fixed if needed.
- Have group will travel is going to be replaced.
The New Areas
There were five new zones announced. Now they are seven (plus the starting area). That means more content and no more linear questing.
- Level 89-90
- More info soon.
- Level 85-86
- Here you'll find the Temple of the Jade Serpent. This is the first dungeon and you'll have to cleanse it from the dark energy.
- The area is dedicated to the Jade Serpent.
- The Alliance and Horde will access this area from different locations, and they will fight each other in the middle of the area.
- Level 86-88
- This is a costal rainforest.
- In future patches we will meet both Garrosh and Varian.
- In patch 5.1 this beach is going to be a battle zone.
- Mogu are looming in these forests too.
- Level 87-89
- Shado-pan Monastery is located here in the outdoor world.
- Shado-pan is another faction that you'll need to earn their trust in order to advance in their ranks.
- Level 89-90
- Separated from the rest of Pandaria by the Pandaren Wall.
- Mantid infested area, and a big swarm is approaching.
- Level 1-10
- This is where pandareans is going to start from and this area is not going to be on Pandaria map.
- As a pandarean, if you are going to follow the path of Houjin you are going to join Horde, and if you take the path of Tushui you are going to become Alliance.
- The original seat of the Mogu empire. The area is basically under Mogu's siege.
- The area is filled of sacred pools.
- Alliance and Horde will have its own hub here. We will also have an auction house and a bank.
- Golden Lotus are the guardians of this area. They really need your help but first you should earn their trust.
- Level 86-88
- Located right in the middle of Pandaria.
- This area is inhabited by farmers and is filled with crop fields.
- Every day you can get daily quests from various farmers.
- You can own your own farm here. You can build it as you like and you can harvest your crops daily.
- You will also find another dungeon here: Stormstout Brewery.
- Right from the start we will get one new arena and two battlegrounds. Also World PvP is back (somehow): Southshore and Tarren Mill rings a bell?
- Balancing bg teams is a great plan, but that will result in higher wait times.
- In this battleground you'll have to hold onto an artifact. This way you'll get points for your team but you'll also have an increasing damage debuff on you.
- If you are in the middle of the area you'll get more points by holding the artifact. At the edge of the area you'll get less points.
- Very fast gameplay compared to other bgs.
- An underground bg.
- You'll have to control the mineral carts and their tracks.
- You'll have to collect resources to win it.
PvE - Dungeons & Raids
- We will have 9 dungeons and 3 raids with a total of 14 bosses.
- Two world bosses are going to be added at the launch too.
- There is a Mantid raid where you fight the local Mantid empress.
- There is a Sha raid where you fight local creatures who have been made Sha and a Sha final boss.
- All raids will have three difficulties (LFR, Normal and Heroic).
- We will have lots of gameplay elements.
- LFR is going to be available at level 90.
- LFR, LFR looting, valor points and tier system is going to be reworked.
- Valor points are not for gear any more but for something you will "use".
- Monks will not share the Vanquisher tokens (see the tier system reworked above).
- The Gate of the Setting Sun
- This dungeon will be at the Great Pandarian Wall and you'll fight against Mantid.
- You'll have to help Shado-pan defending the no-infested side of the wall.
- New art and models added.
- The instance is going to be quick now.
- We will meet some old and new enemies: Jandice Barov, Lillian Voss, Darkmaster Gandling as final boss.
- Stormstout Brewery
- You'll find crazy evil bunnies here (I had to say this!)
- The dungeon is divided in parts.
- You'll have to defeat the minions of each part and then face the boss.
- Mogu’shan Vaults
- In this raid you'll fight the ghosts of the Mogu
Pet Battle System
- This is going to be purely optional.
- TCG and Blizzard Store pots will work too.
- Over 100 pets are going to be used in these battles.
- Players that fight with their pets will not be able to see each other's names or chat.
- The battles are quick and light.
- You can name your pets.
- Attack, Defense, Movement Speed and Health: these are the pets stats.
- With each new skill, pets will unlock new abilities. Players will have to chose them tho.
- There are going to be critters and NPCs with pets for practice.
- Pet Journal will include all kind of details about pets. It will also help you find pets that you don't have yet.
- Only wins are going to be counted.
- You can swap pets during battle.
- Scenarios will be instanced and they are going to take place at level 90.
- They are the replacement of group questing basically.
- Fights have a cool new feel.
- Scenarios are going to be quick and unpredictable.
- You'll be rewarded Valor Points, gear reputation or later, profession skills.
- There will be a Scenario Finder (similar to Dungeon Finder).
- Six new dungeons will have challenge mode active at the launch.
- This is going to be a competitive PvE. You'll get medals based on your time you take to clear of a dungeon.
- There will be a leader board on each realm.
- Challenge modes will not have world rankings at first.
- We may see more ranks in the future, not only bronze, silver and gold.
- They are going to be a bit harder than heroics.
- The resource of monks are now some orbs of energy called Chi.
- Tanks and dps monks will use energy and most of their abilities do not need cooldowns.
- Awesome animations for monks!
- Currently every race, except worgen and goblins, can be a monk.
- Monks won't have a Charge ability.
- There is a Roll ability that works more like a Blink.
- Spinning Crane Kick is the big AoE spell.
- Mistweavers's energy bar is going to be replaced by mana.
- Fixed some of the RNG in their rotations and added more reliable Holy Power.
- Warlocks will get the most changes.
- Destro locks will build up a fiery force and their whole body will catch on fire.
- Demo lock will be able to control when and how long to stay in demon form.
- Female warlock pets should be available in 5.0 or 5.1.
- New pets are going to be introduced for locks:
- Shivan - big six armed demons from Burning Crusade.
- A Wrath Guard
- Beholder - the big orb with eyes.
- ...and more
- Prime glyphs are going to be removed.
- Major glyphs are going to be changed too. They said this will surprise players.
- More cosmetic glyphs for the minor slot.
- More artifacts to be discovered.
- New Lorewalker faction that will teach you the pandarean culture based on your findings.
- We will have four specialization for cooking.
- Dedicated players will be able to learn them all for additional achievements.
Reputation and Factions
- Blizzard want to make the factions more meaningful this expansion, not just a simple growing bar.
- August Celestials
- The celestials are some ancient spirits that need your help.
- They are located in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
- They will offer scenarios.
- They are wanderers and they are looking for various ingredients for their brews.
- Golden Lotus
- I guess we can compare your progress with them with Molten Front.
- They are fighting against Mogu forces and the want your help.
- Rebel matid lords.
- They are the keepers of pandareans culture.
- Strong connections between them and archeologists.
- Order of the Cloud Serpent
- They will teach players how to get and train their mounts.
- Training process will take about 20 days.
- Guardians against Sha.
- You'll have to earn their trust step by step.
- They will reward you with some fancy armors.
- Tillers and Anglers
- You can get daily quests from random framers every day to increase your reputation with them.
- Gaining reputation with them will allow you to customize your own farm and improve it.