The patch 5.0.4 is right around the corner. The new patch is going to be launched on 28 August, and it's going to be the introductory patch for the next expansion, Mists of Pandaria.
Those of you who witnessed at least one more expansion release, you are pretty familiar with this. The patch will bring some unique event and a lot of Mists of Pandaria features.
The event I was talking about is the Attack on Theramore Isle where Warchief Garrosh is going to attack the Jaina's island home of Theramore.
Keep in mind that all the raid lockouts are going to be reset and PvP Season 11 is coming to an end also.
There will be a currency conversion that you should know about.
Here is what you should expect from the new patch:
- Achievements, mounts and pets will be account wide. Well, most of them anyhow.
- AoE looting! Yes, you'll be able to use this feature before MoP launch.
- BattleTags are going to be usable in WoW.
- All the classes are going to be updated with the new talents, abilities and skills. So, prepare for the new talents system.
- A lot of items changes like:
- Head enchants removed
- Relics, ranged and thrown weapons are gone or changed.
- There is no min range for ranged weapons
- Spell penetration was changed on PvP items into PvP power stat
- The scribes are going to see a lot of changes, since the glyphs are going to be changed.
- Most of the MoP UI changes are going to be added.
- Monks class and Pandaren race
- Pet battles
- New raids/dungeons/battlegrounds
Here is what you can do to prepare for that:
- Reset your UI by deleting or renaming your Cache and WTF folders.
- Upgrade your addons and replace the ones that are no longer working (always use trusted sources like Wowinterface and Curse)