Not long ago we were told by Blizzard that the current Challenge Modes are going away and a new set of CMs are awaiting for us in Warlords of Draenor. Today we have more details regarding this change and if you are still interested in Challenge Modes you should keep reading.
- This “season” of Challenge Modes will be coming to an end with the upcoming release of a patch prior to the expansion’s release.
- The achievements the current CMs award will be converted to Feats of Strength.
- The reward items will still be available for purchase by those who qualified prior to the end of the season.
- Bronze: The “Undaunted” title for achieving a full set of Bronze medals will become account-wide.
- Silver: The Pandaren Phoenix mounts awarded for a full set of Silver medals will become account-wide. If any character on an account has earned a full set of Silver medals, all four variants of the Pandaren Phoenix (Crimson, Ashen, Violet, and Emerald) will become available to all characters account-wide.
- Gold: The cosmetic class sets will remain character-specific. Any character that has earned all nine Gold medals will still be able to repurchase the appropriate set, should they misplace theirs, from Challenger Soong or Challenger Wuli in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Any characters that have earned one or more “Challenger’s Path” teleport spells by earning Gold medals in Mists Challenge Modes will retain those spells.
- Realm Best Titles: There are extremely limited titles that are held by the players who hold the best clear time for a given dungeon on a given server. Since those Challenge dungeons will no longer be available in Warlords of Draenor, their respective titles are also being permanently removed. There will be new Challenge dungeons in the upcoming Warlords season, and new titles for which to contend, however.
Read the entire announcement on on Blizzard’s website.