When we wrote about Warlords of Draenor inventory changes we first heard about this Toy Box UI but we had only a few details about it. Today, thanks to Rygarius (Blizzard CM), we finally know more about this new feature.
For those of you who don’t know yet, this Toy Box will be a new “inventory” where all the toy/vanity items are going to be stored. This will clean up your bank and bags a lot and it will organize your vanity items. To be honest is a mess in my bank…
So, even if this new future is still young here is what we could find out:
- Keep your toys if you for now. Is still uncertain if the destroyed items are going to be added to your Toy box when is released.
- If an item doesn’t make it into the Toy box tab, the item will remain as it always has.
- The equipable items/toys like Orb of Deception are going to work like a spell most likely. You wont need to equip them to enjoy their powers.
- Archeology items (the vanity ones, not the gear) are going to be added to the Toy box.
- It’s unknown how the Haunted Memento will work if it will be added to the Toy box.
- Most of the items are going to be account-wide, but some of them may remain character based. Sylvanas’ Music Box might be character based.
- There is still a debate about gear items like Jade Raccoon. It’s uncertain if those are going to be transformed to toys and added to Toy box.
- It’s still undecided how the cooldowns are going to work for multiple characters.
- Blizzard will keep an eye out for quest items that players have been holding onto for fun and won’t convert it into a quest item so it wouldn’t go away.
Again, keep in mind that this is still in very early development stage and anything could happen. The main idea behind this new feature is to free a lot of inventory/bank space and even if some of the items wont make it to the Toy Box I’m sure the out inventories are going to look much more cleaner.
So I don’t know about you but I can’t wait to play with this Toy Box.