If you thought that removing the Heirlooms from Garrosh is the only change for the SoO raid then be ready for more changes, because Blizzard just announced them.
These are the main changes for Siege of Orgrimmar so make sure you read them and also do not miss the full official post that came with this announcement:
- All the upcoming changes from WoD will affect SoO as well. I’m talking here about things like new raiding difficulties and item squish.
- Flex difficulty will be gone for SoO and the new Normal difficulty will take its place. Group Fining tool will help you play on heroic as well, not Mythical though.
- Ahead of the Curve and Cutting Edge are becoming Feats of Strength and will cease to be obtainable. Kor’kron War Wolf will not be obtainable anymore either.
- With the release of Patch 6.0, the drop rate of the Heirloom weapons from Garrosh Hellscream on Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties will be significantly increased. Players who have yet to get any Heirlooms will have a 100% (guaranteed) chance of getting a spec-appropriate Heirloom when defeating Garrosh on Normal difficulty or higher. The chance of receiving additional Heirlooms beyond the first will also be increased.
- Past level 90, when Warlords of Draenor launches, heirlooms from Garrosh will stop dropping and Kor’kron Juggernaut will be a rare drop.
Let us know what do you think about these changes.