As you know already, yesterday Blizzard announced the next expansion, the World of Warcraft: Legion.
One of the main features of it, and a long requested one, is the new Hero class, the Demon Hunter. In this article I’ll collected everything we know so far about this new class. All the details came from the Gamescom presentation, official website and from the Icy Veins interview. By the end of this weekend more details should be available and I’ll try to update this article as fast as possible.
I begun with the details about the new class, because at the presentation, the public was, in my opinion, the most impressed by it compared to the other features. Keep in mind that I’ll try to synthesize as much as possible to avoid the wall of texts that most of you do not like.
General details about Demon Hunters
- It is a Hero class, like Death Knights, and that means you wont start at level 1. Is still unsure if we’ll start at level 95 or 100.
- When you start playing a Demon Hunter you’ll learn about their kin, the Illidari, and will learn your skills step by step. Similar to Death Knights.
- The class will use one new weapon type – the Glaives. They will come in pairs, using both slots.
- As for the armor, the demon hunters can only use cloth and leather.
- This class will only have two specs: Havoc (as melee DPS) and Vengeance (for tanking).
- The only race that can become a Demon Hunter is the elves (it fits the lore perfectly). Of course, Night and Blood Elves so both Alliance and Horde can use them.
- Update It is possible to see more races as Demon Hunters in future expansions, but not in Legion.
- The customization will include horns, tattoos, eyes wear, and scars. The armor will keep your muscles and tattoos visible more or less.
- Update The tattoos are for demon hunters only.
- Update A new character slot will be added as well, so everyone who has their 11 slots filled can play a Demon Hunter in Legion expansion.
- Playing Casino Online at http://qqscore88.com/ the best online slots gaming center.
- It’s still unknown if you need to met some requirements to be able to start playing a Demon Hunter.
Abilities and skills
You’ll generate and use demonic fury for your abilities. For the moment it doesn’t seems to be any other consumable resource.
- Metamorphosis is your demonic form. This will increase your power, but I’m sure it will come as a price or as a cooldown.
- Spectral Sight allows you to see through walls (cheater!).
- Unrivaled Mobility gives you double jump (mario style). Will be interesting to see what this skill can be used for.
- See the below image for more abilities preview.
A bit of Lore
Demon hunters, disciples of Illidan Stormrage, uphold a dark legacy, one that frightens their allies and enemies like. The Illidari embrace fel and chaotic magics—energies that have long threatened the world of Azeroth—believing them necessary to challenge the Burning Legion. Wielding the powers of demons they’ve slain, they develop demonic features that incite revulsion and dread in fellow elves.
Demon hunters ritually blind themselves in exchange for spectral sight that enables them to better sense their prey. This enhanced awareness, together with their great agility and magical prowess, makes demon hunters unpredictable adversaries. An Illidari’s quarry has much to fear.
This is the second Hero Class introduced to the game and, like I said before, it was a long awaited class. During these years Demon Hunter was the most requsted class and finally is here.
Even if all the information above came from and official source, I’m pretty sure we’ll see a lot of changes and ther is still a lot we don;t know about this new class. Even so, especially for a warlock player like me, this class looks pretty awesome so far.