The endgame in Legion will be a bit different and if you are playing Diablo 3 these additions will seem pretty familiar to you.
From now on you won’t have to go to a specific hub to get your daily quests. You just open your map and see what’s available for you. All the map changes are going to be available and visible when you hit level 110. Even with these changes, things will still become repetitive, but at least, after all these years, is something different when it comes to your daily routine. When I first hit level 110 and I saw the map I considered everything to be really overwhelming, but everything seems cool, at least at the beginning.
The reset time on these world quests varies. The Raid World Bosses reset weekly, most of them reset daily, but some of them reset after a few hours. I still don’t know the exact pattern and I guess we should’t worry about this yet.
The rewards are somehow random and you can get honor, gold, crafting materials, Class Hall resources, Artifact Power, class specific items, reputation, followers items, and battle stones. Maybe we’ll get more items. Maybe we’ll see some pets or mounts (why not?) in the future or when Legion goes live.
These are the new map symbols that were added to the game. Well, I know some of them are not really new, but I guess we can mention them here.
- Crossed Swords – This is a world PvP objective
- Are not required to complete the Emissary quests. You can completely avoid them if you aren’t interested.
- Profession symbols – this quest is soloable but you need to use your profession(s)
- Paw mark – this quest involves pet battles
- Normal “!” mark – is a normal soloable quest
- Normal “!” mark with a dragon border – a normal quest that requires a 2-3 people to complete
- Blue “!” mark with a dragon border – rare elite mob that requires a group
- Purple “!” mark with a dragon border – a world boss; raid needed
- Blue skull mark with dragon border – dungeon quest; group needed
- Class mark – marks the portal to your Class Hall
- Blue/Green swirls – mark a dungeon/raid entrance
I intentionally avoided the flight master symbols, normal quests and normal completed quests, repeatable quests and so on. Those are really old and I guess all the players are used to them by now.
The Emissary Quests
Every day the Legion factions will ask you to complete a few quests for them. Those quests are specific to the area where that faction members reside.
You’ll have to complete 4 quests to complete an emissary request and if you have a battle pet team and all the professions you’ll have around 6-8 options available from which you have to complete only 4. The PvP quests are not included in the emissary selection, at least that’s how it was in Alpha.
Each Emissary quest will be available for three days. If you forgot to log in yesterday, that emissary quest will be available for two more days, and you’ll also have a new one. You can have up to three Emissary quests active at once.
The rewards for completing the Emissary Quests are reputation (obviously) and a box of loot. These boxes currently contain only Artifact power and Order Hall resources at the moment.
There are still a lot of things to be added to the game. Keep in mind that this article is based on Alpha/Beta content.
What do you think about these changes? Do you like the old quest hubs and quests more?