Some of the gaming websites and fansites present at BlizzCon 2011 were lucky enough to interview some key Blizzard people.
We will try to give you the highlights of these interviews. Let's see what else we can find out beside the things we already covered in our BlizzCon articles.
Wowhead has an Exclusive Interview with Dave Kosak, WoW Lead Quest Designer and a Q&A session with J. Allen Brack and Jay Wilson:
- Phasing is going to be used in 5.0 too, but more like Molten Front dailies where people are still able to see each other.
- Starting zone phasing is not so extreme like we saw in the worgen and goblin starting areas. For example the central temple in the starting area will light up gradually as you find elemental spirits.
- Pandaren representatives, or ambassadors, in the starting area for each race that needs them to learn how to be a monk.
- We might see Training Grounds Missions, where each class will be teach how to play their roles.
- There is an idea of a new faction, Lorewalkers. Those interested in lore and some epic questing will be pleased with them. The others can skip them.
- We might see some quest lines for people, at max lvl, to customize their flying mounts.
- Pandarens might not have mail access at the starting area and after they'll pick the side they wont be able to return to it.
- Alliance panarens and Horde ones wont understand each other.
- Pet battle system: the pets will have a lvl cap for pets earning experience from battles; players with a lot of rare pets wont have any advantages over the others.
- A lot of new pets are going to be introduced.
Gaming Insight spoke with Greg Street (Ghostcrawler) and this is what we could find out from their video.
- You cant send mails to a low level pandarens. Low level means below lvl 10 ofc.
- You can join a guild below lvl 10 as a pandaren.
- You can whisper your RealID friends though.
- Leveling through cataclysm areas is going to be faster in 5.0.
- Ghostcrawler: "25 man raiding experience is more epic" (he said it)
- With valor points you may improve an existing level over time.
- UI: Player resource bars might be moved down in the center of the screen, like most of the custom UIs. Monks already have their resource placed there.
- New talents system: players can make no wrong choices. More fun and more diversity.
The Instance Podcast has an interview with John La Gravef, Senior Game Producer.
- The Classic WoW feeling, when you were in Tarren Mill and you were waiting for alliance to come from Southshore, was great. This expansion, focusing on Alliance vs. Horde again , Blizzard want to bring that old feeling back.
- World bosses are going to be in no-sanctuary area. All type of realms will PvP there if needed.
- Later Dungeon/Raids content in 5.0 will bring some Alliance vs. Horde. Nothing revealed exactly yet.
- Pet battles is incredibly complex. They are building a TBS game inside another game.
- Pets will have a lot of animations and special attacks.
- Hero classes... so far we wont see any more in the future.
Last but not least, some news popped up on scrollsoflore, after some translation from Chinese (I guess), where we get a hint about the start of the War between Alliance and Horde.
Apparently, Theramore is destroyed and Alliance leaders devote themselves into the war and that leads to the discovery of Pandaria.
There were some hints at BlizzCon that Deathwing is the one responsible for the discovery of Pandaria, since some of the shipwrecked people, from both alliance and horde, are washed on the shores of Pandaria.
I guess we shall see how this is going to play out.
Click here to view the wowjuju article