Today Blizzard announced a new upcoming feature that will help you to Restore Deleted Characters. In fact this feature is already available on Beta and PTR realms. Here is the official announcement for this feature:
In the upcoming pre-Warlords of Draenor content patch, we’re adding a new feature that allows players to undelete characters. But before you delete that character, there are a few limitations we want you to let you to know about first.
- Characters under level 10 and Death Knights at level 55 are not eligible to be undeleted.
- Characters between level 10 and level 29 will no longer be recoverable after 90 days.
- Characters between level 30 and 49 will no longer be recoverable after 120 days.
- All other characters level 50 and above are eligible to be undeleted at any time.
- Please keep in mind you will only be able to use the undelete option once every 30 days.
Undeleting a character restores all of its enchantments, gems, and items fully intact. You’ll be able to get back into action right away, and your character won’t remember being deleted—we won’t tell, either.
Shhhh. . . .
Reclaiming Your Name: What About Flugur?
We’ll be holding deleted character names for a limited time, and the original creator can reclaim it for use on a new character during that time. If you create a new character with the same name as one of your deleted characters (let’s say Flugur), the new character must be renamed, transferred, or deleted to complete the restoration of the original Flugur.