You may ask yourself who on earth needs a guide like this. Everyone should know how to get to Dalaran, right? Well, there are new players and there are also players who came back to the game and they forgot how to get around in World of Warcraft.
First, you should ask yourself what Dalaran are you looking for because we have two versions of the same city.
I assume you’ll search for the new Dalaran, the one from Broken Isles, the Legion’s version of the city. That’s why I’ll start with this one:
How to get to Dalaran – Broken Isles
First of all, you have to be level 100 because honestly before that level you have nothing to do there.
There are a couple of ways to get there:
- When you get to level 100 quest will be available for you that will send you to Dalaran and you’ll get a new hearthstone. You can use that hearthstone to get back there every 20 minutes.
- The simplest way is to ask some mage to make a portal for you or to ask a warlock and some friends to summon you there.
- You can buy the Empowered Ring of the Kirin Tor ring from the Jeweler seller, Sminx Glasseye. Is an expensive item, 250k gold, but is there if you can afford it.
- From Stormwind/Orgrimmar: There are portals in Stormwind Keep in Stormwind City and the Cleft of Shadow in Orgrimmar. You can use those if you are in one of those cities.
- From your Class/Order Hall: If you are in your Class Hall there are also portals there to get back to Dalaran. If you are a monk you may have to look for holes instead of portals 🙂
How to get to Dalaran – Northrend
To get to the old Dalaran, the one in Northrend is pretty simple these days. Here are a couple of ways to get there:
- There are ships (for alliance) and zeppelins (for horde) Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Menethil Harbor, and the Undercity provide access to Northrend. Just jump on the right ride and go there. While there you can fly to Dalaran. The flight path is already enabled for you.
- You can fly yourself there if you are in Northrend and you have the Cold Weather Flying (you automatically get it at level 80 and you can purchase it before that for 50 gold).
- Like always, if you have mage or warlock friends you can ask for their help.
- There is also an old set of rings you can buy from the Dalaran’s Jewelry. For example, a Ring of the Kirin Tor can be used every 30 minutes to get back to Dalaran. Keep in mind that these rings cost 8.5k gold.
Hopefully, this will hep you find your way in the vast Azeroth. If you have any hints for the players who can’t find their way to Dalaran, leave a comment below. I know I haven’t mentioned some ways to get to the old Dalaran, but the main ones (especially the ones not involving questing) should be enough.