I still see a lot of people in Dalaran asking how they can unlock Legion flying (in Broken Isles). “How to fly in Legion?!” – they ask. I feel their pain, really, I’d like to start flying as soon as possible too. That’s why I put together this quick guide to explain everything for them and also for me 🙂
Before reading please understand that flying will be available only in patch 7.2, BUT until then you can work on unlocking it. It’s not an easy task so make sure you have a head start before 7.2 hits.
Unlocking flying is linked to two big achievements. The first part is already available and the second one will be added to the game in patch 7.2. The nice part is that once you unlock flying in you can fly on any character on that account. This will be a huge boost for your alts.
Let’s take one achievement at the time. I’ll try to add the needed details on every section/subsection of these achievements.
Part one – already available in-game
The part one consists of Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One meta achievement. According to Blizzard, this is the “hard part” for unlocking Legion flying. I’ll go over each part to explain what it must be done to complete it.
- While questing you’ll cover most of the zones, but I remember that I missed a few here and there. There is an old addon that was updated for Legion and it will help you with exploration: Explorer Coords.
- This one is pretty much self-explanatory. Just keep completing those world quests.
- This is a quest chain that you have to complete in your Order Hall. Every class has a different starting point here and a different path for this achievement. Focus on your Class Hall quests and you’ll complete this very fast.
- You know you completed this one when you can use the third relic socket on your artifact weapons.
- For this one, you’ll have to get to revered with the main Legion factions.
- You can track the progress and you can find what gives you reputation with these factions by checking the Reputation Calculator.
- You can consider this the hardest part of the main achievement.
- Azsuna Matata, That’s Val’sharah Folks!, Vrykul Story, Bro, and Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
- These parts are simple. Just keep questing in all areas. I recommend taking one area at a time, or your quest log will be full.
- You’ll have to complete most of the quests in each area, so don’t abandon anything.
- Good Suramaritan
- This one is a bit tricky and you might think you missed something. Some quests are related to Nightfallen reputation levels. From my experience, you pretty much have to reach exalted with this faction.
- Each part is a quest chain. You’ll complete the achievement when you finish the quest chain.
- An Ancient Gift – requires level 110. This is the main Nighthold story line. It starts with the quest Khadgar’s Discovery.
- A Waning Crescent – requires ~1800 into Friendly
- Blood and Wine – available at Honored
- Statecraft – requires ~9000 Honored
- A Growing Crisis – requires ~7000 into Revered
- A Change of Seasons – available at Exalted
- Breaking The Lightbreaker – start quest Lyana Darksorrow; at 30,58.
- Eminent Grow-main – start quest Feline Frantic; at 25,30.
- Moon Guard Stronghold – starts with Fate of the Guard; at 27,21.
- Jandvik’s Jarl – begins with Removing Obstacles; at 65,51.
- Tidying Tel’anor – start quest The Lost Advisor; at 45,40.
- Even if not all the quests are needed for the Loremaster part you better complete them. Some of the open up world quests, some of them help you with reputation and also you get some great Artifact Power tokens.
When you finish this First Part you’ll get the mount speed increase by 100%. If not flying, but at least you’ll travel twice as fast.
Part two – available in 7.2 patch
This part will be completed when 7.2 PTR is available. It will be updated accordingly when available. Here is what we know about this part so far (the details came from BlizzCon 2016, and you can find all about it in our coverage):
Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part Two is the final meta achievement you need to complete to unlock flying in Legion. As presented at BlizzCon 2016, this part won’t require raiding content. You just have to progress in the Broken Shore and continuing the Order Halls quests.
- If you didn’t complete this one, scroll up and go over that part. You should have all you need in there.
Explore Broken Shore
- Like all the exploration achievements, you just have to venture into the Broken Shore and you’ll get this in no time. Even if the Broken Shore is already available and you can go there before 7.2, I’m not sure if exploring it now will count toward this achievement.
Breaching the Tomb
- Part of the campaign for accessing the new raid instance in 7.2. More details to be added here when available.
Defender of the Broken Isles
- More details to be added here when available.
- This should conclude the Broken Shore campaign. More details to be added here when available.
After all these achievements you’ll be able to fly in Legion beside this, if you don’t know already, each class gets his own special mount.
Compared to other Warlords of Draenor, this time it’s a bit more work toward Legion flying. From my experience, if you focus on leveling up to 110 and don’t abandon quests randomly you are already on the good track. Just progress one zone at the time, complete the quests and switch to another.
At 110 work on your reputations, complete the remaining quests, farm treasures, run dungeons, focus on your Artifact Weapon…
When you are revered with every faction start looking up the parts you are missing for this achievement. It takes some time, but don’t focus only on the flying achievement.
Also, do not forget Wowhead’s flying tracker tool. It comes in handy for tracking these achievements.
Basically beside unlocking Legion flying you’ll aslo get 100% increase mount speed and your own class mount. Plus, the Highmountain peaks won’t bug me anymore!
What achievements are you missing? Got stuck anywhere? Got any tips that helped you with the Legion flying?