UPDATE: I expected to see some interviews made public after BlizzCon and so it was. I believe I didn’t miss any of them regarding WoW future si O updated the list below with a couple more details.
I was amazed about the WoW news from just one panel. That’s why I love BlizzCon.
Well, after 7.1 comes 7.2, right? Wrong! It comes 7.1.5, heh. So, let’s see what should we expect in the future of Legion and beyond that.
- Mists of Pandaria Timewalking
- Those MoP dungeons to be available for timewalking
- Brawler’s Guild is back
- New bosses and new challenges
- Rumbles – a new type of battle that will pull everyone from the audience and form and raid to defeat one raid boss, with shared rewards
- Brawler’s Gold – a new currency used for temporary unlocks that help all brawlers. How about a cemetery right next to the arena?
- A lot of shirts as rewards and a Basilisk Mount
- Micro Holidays
- Once a year, like regular holidays but smaller (dooh!)
- An’Qarj Remembrance Day on Jan 22. The winning faction will keep his banner over AQ wall for the entire year
- Valentine Guard Day where you can become a guard in your city and help the city with guard… stuff
- Hatching of the Hippogryphs where you can get a Pepe-like-Hippogryph
- Boat Day something like a Spring Break for Azeroth
- There are no pets nor mounts that you may miss
- Some mini-holidays have no rewards. Are there just for the joy of doing something different
- Blade’s Edge Arena update
- The gameplay won’t be affected at all
- The arena looks will change
- There will be an announcer in that arena to call out events
- Class updates
- Talents tuning/redesign
- Secondary stats balance
- Adding more utility to classes
- Some new skills to be added and old ones to be added back – how about some hunter Traps or some rogues with Shroud of Concealment?
- Artifact Knowledge catch up mechanisms – we may be able to buy some knowledge with order resources
- Legendary items are going to be looked on and some of them may be boosted to match the others.
- After BlizzCon the 7.1.5 will be on PTR!
Patch 7.2 – Tomb of Sargeras
- The Tomb of Sargeras – this time I’m pretty sure we will win
- Nine boss raid
- Final boss is Kill’jaden – full powered now (apparently it has legs!)
- Fallen Avatar of Sargeras is another boss
- Cathedral of Eternal Night – is a new dungeon that is above the raiding area – go up for dungeon, go down for raiding
- Flying will be unlocked in 7.2
- Unlocked account wide
- No raid content needed for this unlock
- Along with flying, each class will get its own specific class mount.
- All these mounts can fly as well.
- Some/all mounts will change based on your spec as well
- The class mounts are going to be restricted by class.
- PvP Brawls
- Inspired by brawls in other Blizzard games
- These will be wacky and fun.
- Southshore vs Tarren Mill
- WSG alternative – cap the flag without having yours
- Packed House – 15v15 arena, heh
- AB, during winter – when you can’t see very far and every water is frozen
- EotS alternative – everyone of ram mounts
- PvP brawls are going to be available every two weeks.
- More traits – 15 more points
- New appearance for each class – to unlock it you’ll have to complete something similar to warlock green fire quest
- Karazhan will be broken into Upper and Lower – queueable random heroics, but Mythic+ as well
- New Keystone affixes are coming
- Court of Stars and The Arcway will be queueable
- World quest rewards will continue to be relevant
- World bosses and Dungeon rewards are going to be updated as well so they continue to be relevant in Legion
- The difficulty of normal Dungeons will remain the same even if the loot will improve
- New faction
- We may see something new when it comes to reputation. No, we won’t see an account wide system
- Order Hall campaign continuation
- At the end of Order Hall campaign, each class will be able to get his own class mount
- New world quests to match 7.2 content
- It will be a new tier of gear for crafting professions.
- While attacking the Tomb we will have to prepare a base. Build various buildings there. Something like Isle of Quel’danas but not so linear
- Building the base in 7.2 is region wide
- Legion Assaults – legion will strike back and will attack various areas around the Isles and these invasions are different from region to region
- We will be able to fight on the board of those Legion ships
- Demon models are going to be updated for 7.2. Even some of the already new demon models
- We will get even more legendary items in 7.2
- Some of these legendaries may start to drop even before 7.2 launches.
- You’ll be able to upgrade your legendaries (quest maybe). Blizzard wants to make sure that the legendary item is the best you can get.
- Obliteritum cap up to 865 and more ideas inc for 7.2
- Obliteration of multi items may improve in the future
- Patch 7.2 will come to PTR right after 7.1.5 goes live. They’ll try to keep this trend going.
- Patch 7.2.5 will come after.
- In 7.3 we will go to Argus – the planet where the Draenei came from and also here the Legion.
- Details about Argus will spoil the 7.2 experience, so nothing yet.
Unknown patch, sometime in the future
- The promised weapon animations while casting the spells are in the works right now.
- There are plans for new hair styles and colors, something along these lines, and it going to be something made in a really awesome way.
- We should see pet battle dungeons. No other details yet.
- There’s more to Vol’jin story to uncover in the future.
- Ysera may be dead but her spirit lives on. We should see her in the future.
- There are still a couple of undiscovered secrets in the game. In a few months, we’ll have more apparently.
- The artifact weapons are for Legion only. At the end of expansion, players will keep the appearances for future.
- We might see wow tokens for realm hops, customization, and any other systems.
- There is a plan for shares loot nodes for LW
- We will have more Prestige levels with every expansion
Check the screenshots below. All of them are highlights of this panel. If you have any questions leave a comment, I’ll happily answer.
Class specific mounts